Friday, April 29, 2011

quotes for a boy

quotes for a boy





quotes for a boy quotes for a boy quotes for a boy



quotes for a boy quotes for a boy quotes for a boy







So if a man's wit be wandering, let him study the mathematics; for in demonstrations, if his wit be called away never so little, he must begin again. ~Francis Bacon, "Of Studies"



I could prove God statistically. Take the human body alone - the chances that all the functions of an individual would just happen is a statistical monstrosity. ~George Gallup I could smell myself awake with that coffee. ~Jaesse Tyler



My best birth control now is just to leave the lights on. ~Joan Rivers



Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson



Reality bites... and doesn't let go. ~Author Unknown



It's better to crash into a nap than to nap into a crash. ~Author Unknown



Jealousy is the great exaggerator. ~Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller, The Conspiracy of Fiesco, 1783



The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart. ~Mencius, Book IV



I forgot that every little action of the common day makes or unmakes character, and that therefore what one has done in the secret chamber one has some day to cry aloud on the house-tops. ~Oscar Wilde



If you follow reason far enough it always leads to conclusions that are contrary to reason. ~Samuel Butler



Are right and wrong convertible terms, dependant upon popular opinion? ~William Lloyd Garrison



Hypocrite reader - my fellow - my brother! ~St Jerome



Find a need and fill it. ~Ruth Stafford Peale



Time has no divisions to mark its passage, there is never a thunder-storm or blare of trumpets to announce the beginning of a new month or year. Even when a new century begins it is only we mortals who ring bells and fire off pistols. ~Thomas Mann



The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. ~Lesley P. Hartley, The Go-Between, 1953



There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~Mary Montagu



He that waits upon fortune is never sure of a dinner. ~Benjamin Franklin



My mother protected me from the world and my father threatened me with it. ~Quentin Crisp, The Naked Civil Servant, 1968



Pearls around the neck - stones upon the heart. ~Hanan J. Ayalti, Yiddish Proverbs, 1949



Every newspaper editor owes tribute to the devil. ~Jean de la Fontaine

No comments:

Post a Comment